FREE WORKSHOP – ATTEND IN WICHITA OR TOPEKA!
- Wichita – December 4th (Monday) at WSU Old Town Offices at 238 N. Mead, Wichita, KS 67202
- Topeka – December 6th (Wednesday) at the Kansas Association of School Boards Offices at 1420 SW Arrowhead Rd, Topeka, KS 66604.
Plan to join us for some direction on REJUVENATING YOUR ECONOMICS CLASSROOM with the Foundation for Teaching Economics (FTE). T his One Day program is designed for new and experienced economics teachers, as well as middle school teachers and curriculum specialists charged with incorporating economic principles into their curriculum.
The program will help teachers refresh their economics understanding, bring back the excitement of teaching economics and provide simulations to engage students in group-structured activities that will enrich their understanding of a variety of economic principles.
The conference will include classroom-tested activities, as well as a variety of interactive lectures focusing on the following:
- Supply and Demand – Teaching Market Dynamics and Distortions
- Economic Goals – Understanding Economic Priorities and Policies
- The Federal Reserve – Understanding the Role, Policy Tools and Recent Policy Actions of the Federal Reserve
- International Trade – How Economists Look at International Trade and Trade Issues
Option – may be taken for 1 graduate hour credit in economics from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.
There is no cost to attend for Kansas teachers but a $25.00 refundable deposit is required at least 21 days prior to the event. Space is limited so be sure to sign up right away. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Need a hotel? Let us know on your registration and we will work on a room block at a nearby hotel.
Apply online now!