Are you looking for some assistance getting started with the Stock Market Game or are you looking for something new to take the Stock Market Game to the next level with your classes? Join a Stock Market Game coordinator on a live online webinar or watch a recorded training. There is no cost to participate and no obligation to use the program. Don’t see an event that works for you? Let us know and we will schedule one. There are also a few recorded ones available so if you register and cannot attend, request a copy of a recorded event.
LIVE ONLINE TEACHER WEBINARS:
New and veteran teachers are invited to participate in one or more of the many online training session for teachers with our national office. Below are the various webinar topics. Click on the calendar link to see the exact dates/times and a link to register.
- SMG Basics (30 min) – Getting Started, Teacher Support Center, & student portfolios
- Rules of the SMG (30 min) – Overview of the National SMG Rules
- Basic Company Research (30 min) – using Yahoo and Nasdaq, basic terminology and company headlines will be reviewed
- Weekly Portfolio Analysis (30 min) – team analysis of major indexes and portfolio holdings
- Winning with Diversification (30 min) – strategies for building a diversified portfolio with stocks, bonds, ETF’s and mutual funds.
- Let’s Trade Today! (30 min) – A quick overview of the SMG portfolio and how to get Stock Market Game students trading in their portfolio.
- Handling Market Volatility (30 min) – Strategies for teams to invest in bull or bear markets
The instructions for joining a webinars will be sent via email to teachers that have registered.
RECORDED (ON-DEMAND) WEBINAR & HANDOUT:
The following links are resources to help you navigate the Teacher Support Center where the educational resources are housed.
- Stock Market Game Basics for New(er) KS Teachers: https://youtu.be/-2F4VB5Kw6g
- Handout overview of Teacher Support Center: http://kansas.councilforeconed.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/01/Teacher-Support-Center-Handout.pdf
IN-PERSON TEACHER WORKSHOPS:
We do not have many in-person workshops schedule anymore but you are welcome to request one and we will do our best to try to schedule one in your location. Minimum of 5 teachers required.
Can’t find one that works for you or do you want to suggest a topic? Please contact Angela at KCEE@wichita.edu or call 316-978-5183.