Are you looking for some help getting started with the Stock Market Game or are you looking for something new to take the Stock Market Game to the next level with your classes? Join the Stock Market Game coordinator in a in-person or live online webinar. There is no cost to participate and no obligation to use the program. Don’t see an event that works for you? Let us know and we will schedule one. There are also a few recorded ones available so if you register and cannot attend, request a copy of a recorded event.
LIVE ONLINE TEACHER WEBINARS:
New and veteran teachers are invited to participate in an online training session for teachers with our national office. Follow this link to view schedule of SMG Fall 2018 online trainings offered through the national office:
- SMG Basics (30 min) – Getting Started, Teacher Support Center, & student portfolios
- Invest It Forward (30 min) – learn how industry professionals can assist in enhancing participation in the SMG program
- InvestWrite SMG Writing Project Webinars:
- How to InvestWrite (50 min)
- InvestWrite: Easy to Submit (30 min)
- Basic Company Research (30 min) – using Yahoo and Nasdaq, basic terminology and company headlines will be reviewed
- Winning with Diversification (30 min) – strategies for building a diversified portfolio with stocks, bonds, ETF’s and mutual funds.
- Let’s Trade Today! (30 min) – A quick overview of the SMG portfolio and how to get Stock Market Game students trading in their portfolio.
- Weekly Portfolio Analysis (30 min) – team analysis of major indexes and portfolio holdings
The instructions for joining a webinars will be sent via email to teachers that have registered teams for the SMG.
RECORDED WEBINAR & HANDOUT:
The following links are resources to help you navigate the Teacher Support Center where the educational resources are housed.
- Stock Market Game Basics for New(er) KS Teachers: https://youtu.be/-2F4VB5Kw6g
- Handout overview of Teacher Support Center: http://kansas.councilforeconed.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/01/Teacher-Support-Center-Handout.pdf
IN-PERSON TEACHER WORKSHOPS:
We do not have many in-person workshops schedule but you are welcome to request one and we will do our best to try to schedule one in your location. Minimum of 5 teachers required.
Can’t find one that works for you or do you want to suggest a topic? Please contact Angela at KCEE@wichita.edu or call 316-978-5183.