Are you looking for some help getting started with the Stock Market Game or are you looking for something new to take the Stock Market Game to the next level with your classes? Join the Stock Market Game coordinator in a in-person or live online webinar. There is no cost to participate and no obligation to use the program. Don’t see an event that works for you? Let us know and we will schedule one. There are also a few recorded ones available.
IN-PERSON TEACHER WORKSHOPS:
We do not have many in-person workshops schedule but you are welcome to request one and we will do our best to try to schedule one in your location. Minimum of 5 teachers required.
LIVE TEACHER WEBINARS:
New and veteran teachers are invited to participate in an online training session for teachers with our national office. Follow this link to view schedule of SMG Fall 2018 online trainings:
- SMG Basics (30 min) – Getting Started, Teacher Support Center, & student portfolios
- Invest It Forward (30 min) – learn how industry professionals can assist in enhancing participation in the SMG program
- InvestWrite SMG Writing Project Webinars:
- How to InvestWrite (50 min)
- InvestWrite: Easy to Submit (30 min)
- Basic Company Research (30 min) – using Yahoo and Nasdaq, basic terminology and company headlines will be reviewed
- Winning with Diversification (30 min) – strategies for building a diversified portfolio with stocks, bonds, ETF’s and mutual funds.
- Let’s Trade Today! (30 min) – A quick overview of the SMG portfolio and how to get Stock Market Game students trading in their portfolio.
- Weekly Portfolio Analysis (30 min) – team analysis of major indexes and portfolio holdings
The instructions for joining a webinars will be sent via email to teachers that have registered teams for the SMG.
The following links are recorded webinars that you are welcome to watch at your leisure:
- Stock Market Game Basics for New(er) KS Teachers: https://youtu.be/-2F4VB5Kw6g
- “A Teacher’s Tour of the Teacher Support Center” may also be accessed directly via https://vimeo.com/153580889
- “Investment Outlook 2016: Rates, Recessions, & Elections” with Sam Stovall: https://vimeo.com/146371359
- “Stock Research Worksheet” and “Stock Research Worksheet 201”
These forms are found in the publications section of the SMG Teacher Center: https://vimeo.com/85520530 and https://vimeo.com/110208342
- “The Stock Market Game and the Danielson Framework”: https://vimeo.com/112372277
- “Super Bowl Investing Project”: https://vimeo.com/84118686
Can’t find one that works for you or do you want to suggest a topic? Please contact Angela at KCEE@wichita.edu or call 316-978-5183.