Are you looking for some help getting started with the Stock Market Game or are you looking for something new to take the Stock Market Game to the next level with your classes? Join the Stock Market Game coordinator in a in-person or live online webinar. There is no cost to participate and no obligation to use the program. Don’t see an event that works for you? Let us know and we will schedule one. There are also a few recorded ones available.
IN-PERSON TEACHER WORKSHOPS:
We do not have many in-person workshops schedule but you are welcome to request one and we will do our best to try to schedule one in your location. Minimum of 5 teachers required.
LIVE TEACHER WEBINARS:
We have scheduled many options for you to participate in an online training session for teachers. Follow this link to view the schedule and to register:
New(er) teacher live webinars offered by the Kansas SMG Coordinator:
Follow link to view list of dates/times: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/3401596881811680516
Live topic webinars are also offered by the National SMG Office:
- Just the Basics – How to Get Started with SMG
- Quick Start to Trading – Best Way to Get Your Students Trading
- Beyond the Basics: Enhancing the SMG for Veteran Teachers
- Winning with Diversification: Review of Buying Mutual Funds, Bonds, and ETFs in the SMG Portfolio
- InvestWrite: Learn More About Our National and State-Wide Essay Competition
- Invest It Forward: How a Financial Advisor Can Enhance Your SMG Experience
- Click link to view the Spring 2017 SMG Training Schedule
More advanced topic webinars will be added later throughout the year. The information for those webinars will be sent to teachers that have registered teams for the SMG.
The following links are recorded webinars that you are welcome to watch at your leisure:
- Stock Market Game Basics for New(er) KS Teachers: https://youtu.be/-2F4VB5Kw6g
- “A Teacher’s Tour of the Teacher Support Center” may also be accessed directly via https://vimeo.com/153580889
- “Investment Outlook 2016: Rates, Recessions, & Elections” with Sam Stovall: https://vimeo.com/146371359
- “Stock Research Worksheet” and “Stock Research Worksheet 201”
These forms are found in the publications section of the SMG Teacher Center: https://vimeo.com/85520530 and https://vimeo.com/110208342
- “The Stock Market Game and the Danielson Framework”: https://vimeo.com/112372277
- “Super Bowl Investing Project”: https://vimeo.com/84118686
Can’t find one that works for you or do you want to suggest a topic? Please contact Angela at KCEE@wichita.edu or call 316-978-5183.