- Register online at http://financechallenge.unl.edu
- Teachers will be able to log in and view all individual student scores after the closing date of the online testing window!!!!
- Student may compete in the preliminary online competition in the Fall semester or Spring semester now. Student may only be on one team and compete in only one semester, not both.
Attention Middle & High School Teachers!
Do you teach personal finance? Is personal finance integrated into your class materials? Build enthusiasm with your students through the Personal Finance Challenge.
About the Kansas Personal Finance Challenge:
The Personal Finance Challenge is an engaging competition for students learning about personal finance in the classroom. Working as individuals and on teams, students will be tested on their knowledge of facts and terms relating to finances. Spending & Credit, Saving & Investing, and Income & Money Management are the topics for each round. High scoring teams from the preliminary rounds will be invited to compete at the in-person state competition in the spring.
The Personal Finance Challenge is open to middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) students.
This a great program to start with – easy to sign up and easy to play!
Ready to Register? Click link below:
Online Personal Finance Challenge!
Register first as a coach so we can communicate with you.
Teams can be setup right before testing in case of illness/absence.
***NO COST TO KANSAS SCHOOLS***
- Teachers may have teams in one or both semesters.
- Teacher may register multiple teams of 3-5 students per team.
- A student may participate on only one team and only during one semester.
- Top schools from each semester will be invited to state in-person.
Ready? Go to:
PRELIMINARY ONLINE COMPETITION:
FALL TEST WINDOW: December 1 – December 14, 2017
SPRING TEST WINDOW: March 15 – March 28, 2018
STATE IN-PERSON COMPETITIONS:
MIDDLE SCHOOL FINALS: April TBA, 2018
NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL IN-PERSON COMPETITION:
May 11, 2018 – University of Nebraska – Lincoln
The high school national event will be hosted by the Nebraska Council on Economic Education and will be held at the University of Nebraska Lincoln’s brand new, state of the art, $84 million dollar College of Business located at 730 N. 14th Street, Lincoln, NE 68588.
Hotel and transportation costs to Nebraska will be provided for 4 team members and one teacher/advisor. Prize money and trophies/banners will be awarded to 1st through 3rd place.
Thank you 2017 Sponsors!