Thank you 2020-21 sponsors for making this event possible!
Watch Video from 2019 National Personal Finance Challenge:
- Please note that all events will be held completely online this year due to COVID.
- Register online at https://financechallenge.unl.edu or watch a short video overview on how to create teams and navigate the website at https://vimeo.com/378392884. They have made a few updates to the site recently but hopefully that will give you more helpful information.
- Teachers will be able to log in and view all individual student scores immediately after students test! Students now see their own score immediately after completion.
- Student may compete in the preliminary online competition in the Fall semester or Spring semester now. Student may only be on one team and compete in only one semester, not both.
- Top teams from the middle and high school teams will advance to their respective state online competition in April. Top 3 teams win great prizes. Check out prizes on the registration page at https://financechallenge.unl.edu.
- Kansas High School Champions will represent Kansas at the National Personal Finance Challenge where they can earn great prizes. For 2021 it will be held in online due to COVID.
Attention Middle & High School Teachers!
Do you teach personal finance? Is personal finance integrated into your class materials? Build enthusiasm with your students through the Personal Finance Challenge.
About the Kansas Personal Finance Challenge:
The Personal Finance Challenge is an engaging competition for students learning about personal finance in the classroom. Working as individuals and on teams, students will be tested on their knowledge of facts and terms relating to finances. Saving & Financial Investing, Protecting and Insuring, Buying Goods & Services, and Income & Money Management are the topics for each round. High scoring teams from the preliminary rounds will be invited to compete at the in-person state competition in the spring.
The Personal Finance Challenge is open to middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) students.
This a great program to start with – easy to sign up and easy to play!
Find out dates prizes and register at the link below:
Online Personal Finance Challenge!
Register first as a coach so we can communicate with you.
Teams can be setup right before testing in case of illness/absence.
***NO COST TO KANSAS SCHOOLS THANKS TO SPONSORS***
- Teachers may have teams in one or both semesters.
- Teacher may register multiple teams of 3-5 students per team.
- A student may participate on only one team and only during one semester.
- Top schools from each semester will be invited to state in-person.
- Kansas high school champions receive a trip to the National Personal Finance Challenge.
Ready? Go to: